How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
How we don’t use your information
- We will only provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you if you have chosen (opted-in) to do so. When you provide information to us (for example, when placing an order), you will be presented with a tick-box that enables you to opt-in to receive such information, including marketing communications from us. If you do not tick this box, we will automatically assume that you do not want us to use your data in this way.
- We will not sell your personally identifiable information – including your name, address, e-mail address, or credit card information – to anythird party.
- We do not currently display third party adverts on our website and, even if we did, we would not support sharing your personally identifiable information with any third-party advertiser or ad network.
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site;
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Pilot Group Infrastructure Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
How long we keep your information for
In general we retain the information you provide either while your account is in existence, or as needed to be able to provide our services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our customer services team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
Protecting your security
We are always striving to make sure your information is protected. As soon as we receive your information, we use various security features and procedures, taking into account industry standards, to try to protect the personal information that you provide. For example:
- We offer secure “https” access to the transactional parts of our Site (i.e. the pages where you are entering personal information, such as your payment card details);
- Access to your data on our Site is password-protected, and sensitive data (such as credit card information) is protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption when it is exchanged between your web browser and us. We also don’t keep details of the security code (or CCV number) that you need to input in order to complete an order using your credit card – this adds an additional layer of credit card protection.
We do our best to protect your personal data, however, there are also a number of ways you can also help. To keep your account safe, it’s best to use a strong password that includes characters other than just letters, for example, numbers. It’s advisable not to use the same password across any of your online accounts. It’s also important to note that emails, instant messaging, and similar means of communication are not always encrypted – we would, therefore, recommend not communicating any confidential information through these means.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Your personal data does not have to be processed for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. We will automatically assume that you do not want us to collect your data for these purposes unless you tick the boxes on the relevant Site pages to indicate that you are happy for us to collect your data.
You can also exercise the right or withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
You have the right to access information held about you, free of charge. This information will be provided to you within one month of receiving such a request. In circumstances where the request is unfounded, excessive or repetitive, we reserve the right to charge you a reasonable administrative fee for processing your request.